27 days left until the Princess Marathon weekend kicks off! I am SO excited for this race. Am I as prepared physically as I need to be? Nope, not yet. Will I be? I hope so! I am going to try hard to hit 8 miles this weekend so that I can do 10 next weekend and then 11 or 12 the following weekend.
Tentative Half Marathon Weekend Itinerary:
- Thursday Feb 20 – Arrive at WDW and check in to hotel. Attend Expo and pick up packets and shop!
- Friday Feb 21 – Kids Race and Brunch at Chef Mickeys.
- Saturday Feb 22 – Rest and prep day! Get to bed EARLY!
- Sunday Feb 23 – Half Marathon day! Dinner at Le Cellier to celebrate our accomplishment!
- Monday and Tuesday Feb 24, 25th are going to be spent pampering ourselves and celebrating our way through the parks.
Last weekend I got a 5 mile run in and it was a struggle. It was cold out. In the 40’s in Florida. I am making progress with my time, and still staying true to my 14 to 14.5 min per mile pacing strategy.
I still haven’t figured out how we are going to afford this crazy vacation, but I am determined to make it happen and make it one of the best vacations we have ever had. I know it will be a life changing trip for me. I will be accomplishing something that I have wanted to do for a long time. A dream come true for me, and a symbolic representation of the new life I am living.